Are you looking for original ideas to decorate and set your home? Discover the scented gel candles!
If you like crafts and decoration ideas to make yourself at home, you have probably already heard about scented gel candles. Although they have a wick, they are different from conventional ones due to the material used, a gel that offers many possibilities.
These types of candles allow you to fully customize them. You can use different containers and elements to create unique decoration objects and even very special gifts for your loved ones. Discover the scented gel candles!
How are scented gel candles made?
What do we need?
To start, these are the materials that we will need for our candles:
- Glass containers(glass should be a little thick to keep warm and not bubble)
- Gel candle wicks
- Gel wax
- Essential oils
We will also need a pot or casserole to heat and melt the gel wax.
How do we do it?
Below we detail the process of elaboration step by step:
- To begin, we must glue the end of the wick to the base of the container. Some wicks already have a tab to make this step easier. However, it is essential to ensure that you do not use any glue that can be flammable.
- Next, we must chop the gel wax and put it to heat in a pot until it melts. The temperature to melt this gel is 200°C.
- At this time, we can add the dyes and essential oils to our liking, and then mix well.
- Then we can proceed to fill the containers with this liquid gel and the decorations we want. We must be very careful in this step so as not to burn ourselves.
- Finally, let it cool and we will have our aromatic gel candles ready.
Original ideas for your scented gel candles
The right scent
For starters, not all gel candles are scented. An essence is the perfect finishing touch for this original craft. It is the way to achieve that these decorative elements also scent the atmosphere of a room.
For this we recommend using pure essential oils instead of synthetic essences. Some of the most popular are the following:
- Citrus fruits: They help to improve the mood.
- Lavender: Has calming properties.
- Mint: Refreshes and cleans the environment.
- Eucalyptus: Promotes respiratory function.
- Cinnamon: It is an aphrodisiac and stimulating.
And what do we decorate them with?
Here we have a lot of potential with our gel candles, since they create an effect as if it were a liquid. Therefore, we can imitate different landscapes or scenes. Do not hesitate to use sand, stones, figures, diamonds, marine elements, etc.
We can even recover objects with emotional value for us or small toys from childhood to make a precious memory in the form of a gel candle. Colorings and essences will allow you to create a unique sensory experience.
The most original containers for your scented gel candles
At this point you can let your imagination fly to achieve different and original scented gel candles. In addition, it is about taking advantage of containers that you already have at home and that you can recycle, such as glasses, mugs, beer mugs or glass jars of yogurt.
But the possibilities are endless. Why not make a great gel candle out of a fish tank you no longer use? A vase, a vase, a flowerpot, those champagne glasses that you no longer use or some liquor glasses that are only keeping dust. Seek and you shall find!
Now you have many ideas as a starting point to start making your scented gel candles. Also, invite other family members to create this craft. The little ones will surely be delighted to participate.
These candles are also a personalized and unique gift for special occasions, such as baptisms, communions or weddings. Both to give to the guests and to complete a gift to the honoree. Take advantage of this idea to create an object that no one will forget.