Decorating your bathroom can be a complicated task, however, with little work you can make it a functional place that will allow you to:
- Have a room full of comforts.
- Keep the order of the things you need.
- Enjoy a private, unique and original space.
- Create harmony and tranquility in your home.
If you want to renovate your bathroom, in this article we offer you some ideas, don’t miss it!
How can you decorate your bathroom?
1. Walls are a priority
If you want your bathroom to look bigger than it really is, we recommend painting the walls in light colors that are pleasing to the eye, such as white, blue, green and bone.
These colors are not only very easy to combine, but they will also add an elegant look to the space.
2. Make it bigger than it really is
It is very important that you make the most of all the spaces, so we recommend adding some shelves under the sink.
These will help you:
- Give a feeling of spaciousness.
- Maximize storage
- Save those things that you don’t know where to put.
- Stylize the space.
- Decorate your bathroom.
3. Lighting is an important factor
Lighting in a room is essential, and more so when it comes to a bathroom.
Thus, with an appropriate set of lights we can achieve:
- Make it look cooler.
- Bring colors to life.
- Maintain a visually pleasing space.
We recommend choosing white light bulbs to illuminate the bathroom, since they do not produce heat and will not interfere with the harmony of the decoration.
4. A deep mirror
The mirror is an essential object in the bathroom, and it is not only used to see you. In addition, it also applies to:
- Make your bathroom a more elegant place.
- Create the illusion of an open area.
- Decorate your bathroom without the need for scandalous ornaments.
- Project light to the whole room.
Make sure this is a large enough mirror so that it can fulfill all its functions.
5. Hanging organizers
They are an excellent idea when it comes to bathroom and small rooms.
These organizers will help you:
- Decorate the space without much effort.
- Create a look of order.
- Make the most of the space.
- Organize all the little things.
Likewise, we recommend that the organizers be in strong colors, as they will help contrast the walls and give a wonderful touch to your bathroom.
Although today everyone loves minimalist designs, when it comes to bathrooms this is not the best option.
And, although a shelf will take up space, it will also bring you benefits when it comes to:
- Stylize the room.
- Store towels, toilet paper, and all those things that tend to be bulkier.
- Keep the bathroom organized.
7. The bathroom basket
Baskets in the bathroom are a great way to keep your towels and even your dirty clothes in order.
We recommend using a wicker basket, as it will also help you decorate and style the space.
8. Small details, ideal for decorating
When it comes to decorating a bathroom, we must always find a way to maintain harmony.
Keep these tips in mind:
- Use small decorations.
- Natural or artificial plants are always welcome.
- Find a painting that fits the environment.
- Candles are a great decoration option.
You don’t need to fill your bathroom with decorations, just a few details will be more than enough.
9. Never forget that less is more
This is a universal rule, and more so in spaces as small as bathrooms.
And there are many of us who fall into the error of thinking that the more we decorate the room, the better it will look.
Every time you think about decorating your bathroom, remember the following:
- Forget the loud and garish colors.
- Don’t use too large ornaments.
- Avoid curtains as they dramatically reduce space. Instead use screens.
The bathroom should be a place where you can relax and forget about the outside world.
By following all these tips, you will be able to turn the space where you used to bathe and dress into a paradise full of comforts, harmony and tranquility.