Are you planning a romantic dinner? Become an excellent host thanks to the following tips.
An evening as a couple involves calculating even the smallest detail to make the impression we want. To do this, we must put all the effort if we are the host. Learn how to decorate a romantic dinner with the following tips.
Details to decorate a romantic dinner
Beyond the style we are looking for, there are certain elements that definitely cannot be missing in a romantic dinner worth its salt. We list them below:
- A good wine: without wine, there is practically no romantic dinner. Specialists recommend, for these occasions, Of course, there are many other options, these are only the most refined for memorable evenings.
- Proper Music: When imagining a passionate evening, the first thing that resonates in our mind is slow music. Romantic classics have a particular charm, but modern songwriters also offer phenomenal alternatives.
- Dim lighting: a fundamental factor if any. The strong white lights take away all the charm you can plan with the decoration or the music. Rather, opt for soft, diffused lights and, if possible, add some reddish hue, the color of passion.
- Fancy Food: If you’re going to cook, push yourself. You cannot offer a romantic dinner with a pizza or hamburgers. Salmon and meats are excellent menus, although you can also present a pasta dish with the style that the occasion demands. Tip: consider aphrodisiac dishes. And don’t forget the desserts!
4 ways to decorate a romantic dinner
Once the essential components to decorate a romantic dinner have been identified, we will proceed to offer five great alternatives for an unforgettable evening. Take note and plan that occasion you have been waiting for so long.
1. Basic romantic dinner
If you prefer simplicity, no problem. You can achieve a very beautiful decoration with just a few quality touches. First, place a black tablecloth across the table, not covering the entire table.
Then, put the dishes; it is preferable that you use the best one you have. If you are going to release something, what better time than this. On the plates, place neatly folded black napkins; on the sides, the knife, fork and spoon. A very classy detail is to add two red roses, one on each plate.
The centerpiece can be made with tall red candles. Around it, distribute rose petals and place jewelry ornaments, these provide excellent detail. Of course, you cannot miss the two glasses per person.
Finally, it complements with light, music and wine as we discussed previously. Although minimalist, this decoration looks good in all environments; you will not be able to fail if you use it.
2. Romantic dinner with homemade decorations
If you are skilled at crafts, we present some very useful recommendations. First, you will have to place the basics: tablecloth, napkins, dishes, glasses and candles.
As a centerpiece, however, you will opt for something more prepared. First, take an empty jar and place inside a magazine sheet cut out with phrases and hearts drawn on it.
Add a ribbon to the neck or top of the jar to add the finishing touch to a great candle holder. It is best if you glue the base of the candle to the bottom of the jar to prevent it from tipping over.
Also, you can make a beautiful centerpiece sticking artificial flowers on a base, which may be a little vase or even another bottle decorated. To adhere them, it is advisable to use hot silicone.
Lastly, you can place a written sheet with the menu and a special dedication in a small picture frame in the center of the table. This shows that everything has been prepared for that particular person.
3. Romantic dinner on wooden tables
If you have a rustic wooden table to place by the fireplace or outdoors, this decoration can serve you. Its protagonists will be the colors of the leaves and flowers.
You won’t need much more than this to achieve a totally distinguished dinner. The table will do its thing just by adding white china, some pretty glasses of red wine and red candles.
As for food, you can opt for dishes that contain colorful vegetables, so that they enhance the atmosphere together with the plants and flowers that you choose to decorate the table.
4. Romantic dinner on the patio
The last of the options to decorate a romantic dinner will take you outdoors. If you have some space near a tree in your house, don’t hesitate to take advantage of it.
It’s simple: put a table with a light-colored tablecloth along with two chairs. Add white napkins, candles, and wine glasses. In this case, a centerpiece that provides lighting would be a good alternative.
The touch of distinction of the scene will be achieved with the use of trees, plants and other elements of the garden to add lights. You can use pendant lamps or floor lamps that are used to place in the patio. Without a doubt, a great option for warm summer nights.
Finally, do not hesitate to use any other element available to add beauty and uniqueness to the decoration of the environment.
A romantic dinner is a great gesture towards the couple and is the perfect time for proposals, announcements and any other news. Bet on creativity with love!