The exuberance of the rainforest has come to interior decoration in 2018. Therefore, we tell you everything you need to know about botanical accessories and some recommendations to include them in your room.
Nature has always been part of interior decoration, to a greater or lesser extent. And it is that, without a doubt, we resort to it to complete the feeling of home that we want to give to a given space. Today, there is an unmistakable trend – interior decoration with botanical accessories.
Botany is a branch of biology that studies the plant kingdom and ranges from the chemical composition of plants, their organic functioning, growth, development and adaptation to the environment, to their geographical distribution.
Botanical accessories not only give a ‘natural’ touch to the space, but also rescue the interest in the environment itself. It’s also a cool and friendly way to spark scientific interest in people, regardless of their educational background or age.
Ideas for creating botanical accessories
Despite the fact that cacti have been triumphing as decorative elements for several years, in 2018, the trend materialized towards the exotic variant. That is, tropical plants were adopted in all their splendor: leaves, flowers, and even stems.
However, you can always mix different types of leaves and achieve a harmonious result. The key is in the subtlety applied when integrating different elements.
1. Botanical canvas
- Blank canvas.
- A large, broad blade.
- Color acrylic paint.
- First of all, we must select a sheet that has a shape that attracts our attention. Make it large, preferably. It should also not be larger than the canvas on which we are going to work.
- We pass a clean and dry cloth to the sheet to remove the dust and we proceed to impregnate it with acrylic paint(the color that we like the most).
- Carefully, we proceed to place it on the canvas on the west side. We leave our hand on the sheet to make the impression and then we remove it so that the paint can dry. And voila, we will have our freshly printed botanical canvas.
2. Wreaths or wheels with branches, herbs and flowers
- Gardening wire.
- Herbs and flowers(according to preference).
- 4 flexible branches(to hide the wire).
- Gently, we bend the branches over the wire hoop to try to cover it.
- Next, we fasten with a piece of small string at various points.
- We add herbs and flowers until we get a crown that completely hides the wire ring.
3. Floral lanterns
- A stone.
- Metal lanterns.
- Various flowers in bouquets.
- Very carefully, we remove the crystals from the flashlights.
- We gather the flowers in leafy bouquets and tie, one by one, with a piece of string.
- We introduce the bouquets into the lanterns until filling and at the end, we hold them with a large stone.
4. Natural flower mobile
- Bouquets of flowers.
- A wall nails.
- Medium-sized tree.
- We put the nail in the wall.
- We tie a piece of string to the ends of the tree branch(to be able to hang it).
- We cut 4 pieces of string of the same length and tied them at different points on the branch(equidistant).
- On each piece of string, we tie small bouquets of wild flowers of various colors.
5. Pictures of dried leaves or flowers
- Natural flowers.
- Hanger with wooden support.
- Transparent A4 size plastic for binding(2 per box).
- We select the natural flowers of our preference and collect a few, either individually or in small bouquets.
- We introduce the flowers between the plastic sheets and place a point of glue in the four corners.
- In the upper part, we incorporate the hanger, in such a way that it seems that it holds the sheet like a kind of clip.
- We let it dry and that’s it!
- To make our botanical accessories look exotic and match this year’s rainforest trend, we can turn to the leaves of the genus
- Also, those of banana(and its different variants) and, of course, the most striking and colorful flowers, such as the famous bird of paradise.
- Now, when it comes to making objects from plastic sheets, it is advisable to give them a matte dark green layer to hide the artificial appearance.
- Also, we can mix natural plant leaves with artificial leaves. The important thing is that the result is pleasing to the eye.